First Official Death Threat on CoD | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » The Pit
Interrogist
Interrogist Nov 23 '13
Interrogist
Interrogist Nov 23 '13
In other news; Learning how to use also and too correctly will get you closer to fluency!

ALSO How to Use It

“Also” is used in positive sentences, to show agreement or something in common.

Alice can join us. Helene can also join us.
Mahmoud speaks French. Renata also speaks French.
Leilani likes to read novels. She also likes to read poetry.
He is also becoming a teacher.
We were also there.

Where to Place It

“Also” comes before a single action verb.

Renata also speaks French.
She also likes to read poetry.

Except… “Also” comes after a modal or “to be” verb, and before the infinitive.

We were also there.
Helene can alsojoin us.
He is alsobecoming a teacher.

TOO How to Use It

a. “Too” is used in positive sentences, to show agreement. In most cases, the meaning is the same as “also”. However, you may notice something different about its place in the sentence.

Alice can join us. Helene can join us too.
Mahmoud speaks French. Renata speaks French too.
Leilani likes to read novels. She likes to read poetry too.
He is becoming a teacher too.
We were there too.

b. “Too” is used to modify adjectives. In a negative use, it means that something is a higher degree than is desirable of the adjective. In a positive or less strong use, it means very. This is a use that “also” doesn’t have.

My tea is too hot to drink.
One chair was too big, another was too small, but the third was just right.

Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.
Thank you for your help, you’re too kind.

Where to Place It

a. “Too” comes at the end of the sentence or phrase that it refers to.

Helene can join us too.
We were there too.

b. When used to modify an adjective, “too” comes before the adjective it modifies.

My tea is too hot to drink.
One chair was too big, another was too small
…you’re too kind

Hopefully this has helped clear up how to use too and also.

LeDeluge
LeDeluge Nov 24 '13
You posted this under "site announcements". The other poster's private message would not constitute a death threat. It is not germane to the site itself. (See Rule 3) 

I'd move for a thread deletion vote.

The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Nov 24 '13
FemaleSatan
FemaleSatan Nov 24 '13
This is the 'A-game' you were going on in chat about?

LOL

The Forum post is edited by FemaleSatan Nov 24 '13
DevilSmurf
DevilSmurf Nov 24 '13
Topic was moved from Site Announcements.
DevilSmurf
DevilSmurf Nov 24 '13
The "Site Announcements" forum is for "Site announcements"

#notveryhard.

The Forum post is edited by DevilSmurf Nov 24 '13
Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 24 '13
A death threat...this is a death threat?
CanisMachina
CanisMachina Nov 24 '13

Quote from Angel_Maker

Well, it depends on the intent of the language being employed. Clearly the message was:

"You disrespected my children, and I would like to know where you live so I can show you personally how I treat such disrespect. I will have my 'magnum' with me. watch what you say."  (reworded, but similar message)

Now, no explicit threat was made, but the context alluded to that being the intent. It is sort of like saying, "I would like to take a trip to The White House to show The President of The United States how I feel about his policies with my Glock 17." vs. "I want to kill the President of The United States of America."  And, like the example provided, context is key here. 

Public service announcement.

The Forum post is edited by CanisMachina Nov 24 '13
timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 24 '13

So you comment on his pictures that they are not satanic enough and now you are crying about his PM to you where he is being about as satanic as it gets.

3. Stratification takes place organically here, all user disputes will be settled between users.

You were bitching about the rules as it pertains to his pictures and here you break a rule. Hypocrite much Darryl.

Good luck with that :)

The Forum post is edited by timishardcore Nov 24 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 24 '13

Well seeing that Darryl can't seem to post to the forum properly, makes similar grammar/spelling slips and is apparently afraid of being pistol whipped...

+1Keep it, shit's too funny

#I-voted

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 24 '13
Freudian slip Tim???  lol
Quote from timishardcore

God luck with that :)

timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 24 '13

LOL! Actually Darryl may need a little "God luck" here ;P

SammieSam
SammieSam Nov 24 '13
Quote from ClaudeRains

Quote from Angel_Maker

Well, it depends on the intent of the language being employed. Clearly the message was:

"You disrespected my children, and I would like to know where you live so I can show you personally how I treat such disrespect. I will have my 'magnum' with me. watch what you say."  (reworded, but similar message)

Now, no explicit threat was made, but the context alluded to that being the intent. It is sort of like saying, "I would like to take a trip to The White House to show The President of The United States how I feel about his policies with my Glock 17." vs. "I want to kill the President of The United States of America."  And, like the example provided, context is key here. 

Public service announcement.

Nice job Canis. Now the NSA is all over us :P
Interrogist
Interrogist Nov 24 '13

Quote from DevilSmurf The "Site Announcements" forum is for "Site announcements"

#notveryhard.

Not very hard? Its also not very hard to understand that I was making a joke Announcing the first death threat on CoD. I keep asking myself why it is that you leave the Announcement thread open to the public if you don't want anyone posting in it. You might change it to admin only or something.

#alsonotveryhard
Quote from timishardcore

and now you are crying about

No Tim, and I am about sick of this statement. You, FS, Sammie, and others use this as a copout on nearly every thread. "Oh look what hurt your feelings" or "look at you cry". What are you talking about? Its funny so I shared it. Is this the new thing now? You dont have to generate any content of your own, rather you all just sit back and wait for something to happen, and accuse them of crying.

#coolsatanismbro
Quote from SIN_JONES

Well seeing that Darryl can't seem to post to the forum properly, makes similar grammar/spelling slips and is apparently afraid of being pistol whipped...

+1Keep it, shit's too funny

#I-voted

1. I posted this exactly where I meant to post it, thank you very much.

2. Yes I do make grammatical mistakes, big deal.

3. You seriously think I am worried about grandpa here, lol. I'm all over the net. Get at me dog.
timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 24 '13

Yes Darryl it is crying, tell yourself anything you wish but it is still going to be crying...

#dontbeanasshat

Interrogist
Interrogist Nov 24 '13
Right. So no matter what I say, you ignore it, and call it crying, seemingly because its easier than answering to what I actually said, and because you know better than I what I actually intended to say...

#makesperfectsense
timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 24 '13

Are you crying about my point Darryl?   You have no points Darryl and if I was ignoring you I would not reply to your crying now would I ?????

Interrogist
Interrogist Nov 24 '13
This is all you have Tim, the weak idea that if you continue to say that I am crying it will somehow get under my skin. Well, it doesn't.

You serve as fine evidence that CoD is just another SIN. Id like to thank you for all the fine lhp content you have generated, and for the thought provoking post you have shared.

#sarcasm
The Forum post is edited by Interrogist Nov 24 '13
timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 24 '13

Well Darryl you seem to have this weak idea that you have said anything of value on the CoD as well or anywhere for that matter. The fact that you seem to believe that by your abundance of crap you pot that is what makes you someone on the LHP is amusing imo.

Anything else?

#notsarcasm

Interrogist
Interrogist Nov 24 '13

Quote from timishardcore

Anything else?

Everything else! Oh Yes Indeed!

Feel free to post a new thread devoted to comparing my post\writing to your own. Lets put aside these generalities and specify.

#getready
Pages: 1 2 »

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.