Antitheism: The True Satanism | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Religion
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Dec 2 '13
:)

#Milk&Cookies Dear

Hatepeach
Hatepeach Jan 4 '14
Why are you people offering Jesus a cookie?  He's Jesus, I'm sure that he can turn farts into cookies if he so pleases...

Having read the entire thread, I'll give my attention to the original post exclusively, thanks.  Speaking as a rather poor exemplar of Satanism, I have no interest in defining myself in relation to a concept that I find intellectually bankrupt, namely Theism.  The problem with calling myself an "anti-theist" a la Chrisopher Hitchens or John Cleese is that it invites me into a continual and unshakeable involvement with Theism itself, and I cannot imagine a less attractive situation than that.  To put it in terms most amiable to your Lordship's understanding, this would be the Satanic equivalent of "the Law causing one to sin." 

The question you put to all Satanists is one I begin each day with---"What have I become?"---and that is the beginning of common human spirituality.  Surely you and I can agree that such a thing as common human spirituality exists and ought to be encouraged;-).
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Jan 6 '14
Quote from Hatepeach Why are you people offering Jesus a cookie?  He's Jesus, I'm sure that he can turn farts into cookies if he so pleases...

Inside joke, as is this thread.  I was a follow-up to a chat discussion.  Hence, Jesus concedes that I was correct.  Jesus is the man, for admitting this openly.   Jesus can't fart cookies because he's a man.   Blasphemy, I know... 

He can however make the cookies by experimenting with ingredients and taste-testing his results.  A cookie is a cookie but some cookies taste better than others.

He can look at his cookies and ask:  "What have I made?"
Is it a cookie?

Pages: « 1 2

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.