Obstructing Justice | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Politics
timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 26 '13

Quote from SIN_JONES

It wasn't a mistake, if you feel personally slighted I can only speculate that you need to stand out in some way, claiming a moral high ground.

You misread me, I am not saying you (SINJONES) made a mistake here, I am using it in context to the body in the basement comment.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 26 '13

Oh, I gotcha.  In other words, if your son beat his girl to  bloody pulp and left her in the basement you'd want him to man-up and face the consequences, right?

praxi
praxi Nov 26 '13

I am quoting and bolding because apparently I am still technologically challenged. :)

Their own stupidity sealed their doom.  Should we blame the parents for that too?

If we are throwing blame around: yes, absolutely. Mind you, that is not to say the children should not be held responsible for their actions in some form, but I think the parents' responsibility in this is greatly understated.

Whether parental guidance, societal conditioning, etc.  the most influential is that of your Peers.

I think it can be, but doesn't have to be, and certainly not to the extent most think (though it is a rather convenient excuse for parents who have shitty kids). Additionally, the social influence of age-mates can be mitigated by conscientious parents who truly grasp the weight and potential of their own impact--particularly in regards to choosing suitable role models and peers.

However - and this might be my cynical former-teacher coming out;) - most just go along with the norm, are incredibly out-of-touch despite soccer practice and violin lessons, and completely lack sincere and authentic relationships with their children; many don't even know their children and, oddly enough, have little desire to. They allow their impressionable and impulsive offspring to be exposed to influences that will shape the very way they perceive and interact with the world - and quite often do so with an almost cavalier abandon. In my mind this is tantamount to dereliction of parental duty and, as such, they deserve to be shot in the face.

Pew pew pew. :P

Quote from SIN_JONES
Their own stupidity sealed their doom.  Should we blame the parents for that too?  Whether parental guidance, societal conditioning, etc.  the most influential is that of your Peers.   Even more so when you're young and very impressionable.
The Forum post is edited by praxi Nov 26 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 26 '13

Techy insights:

1.  Highlight the text you want to quote, click 'quote' link.  This will create the little white box.  The more text you highlight, the more you quote.

2.  Note: Internet Explorer is a fucker.  You can highlight small portions of text, an arrow will appear to indicate you are quoting the entire box.  Some times it works properly, sometimes it doesn't.

3.  Google Chrome is best for using Wall.fm, you don't run into nearly as many hiccups with the features.    Well, provided a Windows Update doesn't completely fuck up your shit.

On to the topic...

Having kids doesn't make you a parent.  As people stumble along they are essentially responsible for building defunct grown-ups the rest of us have to suffer.

I agree, many parents just throw their kids to the wolves and hope for the best.  A)Either their judgment is off, B)They are incapable of using better judgment, C)They are too overwhelmed with raising kids so they escape responsibility when opportunity presents itself.

I also agree that Peer-pressure isn't something you always fall subject to.  I put up the blocking hand many times in my own youth.  I think that when kids don't have a strong role model at home or a close-relationship with care-givers, they tend to look up to their peers.

timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 26 '13

Quote from SIN_JONES

Oh, I gotcha.  In other words, if your son beat his girl to  bloody pulp and left her in the basement you'd want him to man-up and face the consequences, right?

Exactly and if he killed her the same would apply.

I have Explorer, so  #2  explains that problem for me thx :)

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 26 '13

Got it.

Note to self:  Take Tim off the speed dial list.  Will not help hide bodies.

timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 26 '13

Quote from SIN_JONES

Got it.

Note to self:  Take Tim off the speed dial list.  Will not help hide bodies.

Well if you are not going to invite me to the party don't expect me to help clean up the mess. Why should I get the same sentence for only buring the darn bodies? If I am going to spend an eternity in jail at least let me partake in the fun ;P
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 26 '13

See, you are thinking you'd get caught.

#amateur

timishardcore
timishardcore Nov 26 '13

Quote from SIN_JONES

See, you are thinking you'd get caught.

#amateur

Oh no I never get caught. I have a fool proof way of getting rid of all evidence, remember the what the Joker did in "The Dark Knight"?   MUAHAHAHAHA!
Pages: « 1 2

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.