Power in Management | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Education
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Dec 3 '13
LeDeluge
LeDeluge Dec 4 '13
Good video. To me, these would appear to be common sense managerial qualities. Being thrust into power can be a daunting task. Daphne was part of a preexisting team. It is always preferential to be able to assemble one and delegate. Then again, I tend to prefer start-up to management. The subject as taboo? Troubling. Even when working within a preexisting team, the possibility of a change in dynamics should have been operative in her mind. The more quickly one can adjust to constant change (which can signify the flux of life itself), the better off one will be.
The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Dec 4 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Dec 4 '13
A person part of a team that is imparted with a bit more power than teammates often goes off on some power trip, or runs and hides in the back office to avoid managing.   Resentment from teammates typically brews up because the person chosen doesn't deserve it, cracks under pressure or doesn't have the respect and admiration of others in the group.

LeDeluge
LeDeluge Dec 4 '13
The team would fail if either of the first two situations arose. There are obviously situations in which a person rises through the ranks. If a power trip or evasion is operative, the team fails. In essence, it ceases to exist. The key to me is the catalyst with an ability to delegate responsibility. This will often entail delegation of leadership and/or simply a "front man". In rare instances, start-up may operate as "front man". Steve Jobs would be an obvious example. Generally speaking, the start-up has to find a lack of accolades desirable. It is also the case that people will often misidentify the true leader. This, too, may lead to grandeur or to folly. Resentment is always a given (with or without the latter three factors you mention) Peeps be peeps.
The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Dec 4 '13

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.