Dystopia | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Human Behavior
CanisMachina
CanisMachina Dec 24 '13

Consider it a worst case scenario. A catastrophic knock out blow has been dealt. A global killer. Millions are dead already. The sun is obscured by clouds of ash and dust that surround the planet. Civilization across the globe has descended into a chaotic free-for-all. Law and order is martial law. Food Supplies are almost gone, communication is down, and gas stations are dry. Survival in the most adverse conditions is your only priority.

Given this most dire of circumstance what would be your plan of action?

How far would you go to see it through?

The Forum post is edited by CanisMachina Dec 24 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Dec 25 '13

First thing's first:  Sharpen my blade, the zombies aren't far behind.  

I have land.  I have a well.  I stick to my property, reinforce the weak spots, manage and defend my own resources.  

In all these post-Apocalyptic scenarios, people move like herds to get closer to resources.  They move away from major cities and run off into the woods.    They mostly perish because they either can't defend themselves or don't know how to survive off the land.   I can do both.   

LeDeluge
LeDeluge Dec 25 '13
I have a meeting place designated. It is ideal in terms of fortification and resources. We would fight as long as possible. When the spot could no longer withstand the operative elements, our destiny would be met. When capture is imminent, those of us remaining would perform group seppulku. (We = Specific friends and family)
The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Dec 25 '13
UserX
UserX Dec 25 '13
LD & SIN have the right idea. 

Believe it or not, a large and ancient Sufi Order called the Naqshbandi Order believes that a scenario like this will happen in future. If and when it does, the Naqshbani Order has designated the island of Cyprus as their rendezvous place where their members world wide would gradually come. Their idea is to rebirth society/civilization in some way from Cyprus, and slowly seed civilization (Islamic/Sufi) into Europe.

Inspired by this, a few ONA associates picked the island of Victoria up in British Columbia Canada as their rendezvous island for the North American associates, should something like this happen. They'd meet up in Victoria, and build a tribal society there, then work to gain control of the island. The island has lots of drinking water, its surrounded by ocean which means plenty of seafood; and has forests which means firewood, building material, and game (animal/food). The rest of Canada would be an ideal place for Americans to migrate to because it's rich water, and there are only 30 million people in Canada. America is too crowded; it will have too many factions warring for power over small territories.

As the Kali Yuga escalates a scenario like this is predicted to happen. Before the cyclical return of the golden age (satya yuga) a shit storm is going to come. I've read the prophesies of Mother Shipton, and she echoes this. Interestingly the weather patterns seem to suggest this? The Indonesian tsunami of 2004 was the most killer in recorded history, killing 250,000 people. 

If a scene like this actually happens two issues would arise worth considering. It will be like an overblown Hurricane Katrina scenario. During Katrina, without police or laws, people gathered into race based groups and racism between the groups came out. This would be the first issue in this scene. Many people will form race based factions, and racial tensions will rise. 

Second issue is that even if governments and police force may be taken out, this doesn't mean that other types of social groups will break up. Large gangs/groups like the Mexican mafia, some biker gangs, etc will still regroup and maintain some sort of social group coherency. 

This is a problem because any group with such a level of social cohesion/coherency would have more power and ability to use force to survive: own rivers, own territory, own prime hunting ground; and they'd have no problem killing the less coherent folks to survive. They would also be the most likely types to form factions that would struggle for power. Such factions, if unchecked grows to become warlord societies... which in time - as history shows us - developed into "kingdoms."

A scenario like this did happen in history. In around 1300 C.E. the Mongols, lead by Genghis Khan invaded Imperial China and destroyed China and it's government. They spent their time terrorizing the natives. So for the natives of the land of China, it was the end of their world. 

It was actually during this time that groups of people began to migrate southward to new land to get away from the Mongols and to survive. These migrants were at the time nobodies: unheard of ethnic groups. Of these unheard of ethnic groups two are noteworthy: the Kradai and the Yu. Both ethnic groups consolidated ethnically to form warlord factions. They both migrated into Indochina. In the Indochinese peninsula these warloard groups used their group coherency to murder natives and take territory. Eventually the Kradai split into two groups becoming the Thai and the Lao people... who would found Thailand and Laos. The Yu, later became known as the Viet people, and they eventually founded a kingdom, later known as Vietnam. This reminds me of what happened in Europe when Rome collapsed. 

The first to die out will be the city folk, i.e. urban White folk. These types are those completely born and raised within city life, where they are conditioned to be dependent on the system of the city for their survival. meaning that when grocery stores stop having food, water stops running, electricity stops buzzing, these folks will be the first to die. Urban non-gang black folk will be the second group to suffer the most in America and die out for the same reasons. 

Ethic groups like Pacific Islanders, Filipiino, Native Americans, Asian immigrants and the like would have a better chance of survival because they know basic skills of living off the land. The idea is that people from developing countries since their cities aren't as developed still rely on things like growing their own food, digging wells, hunting, collecting food from nature and so on. 

I'd first gather my friend and family and find a group of ethnic folks to be with. Then talk them into migrating to Victoria island Canada where it would be easier to survive and thrive. Once on Victoria island, I would start to find ONA folk as soon as possible, to form a tightly coherent social group/network/power-base. 

The first job of this tightly knit group would be to try and take out our immediate threat/competition: any local gangs in the area. Any type of cohesive/cooperative group like gangs are a threat because they have the man power to work at controlling the water and food supply on the island. 

Second threat I'd work to take out are all local "figureheads" on the island. Meaning native person on Victoria island who were a well known and well liked person in their community would have to be murdered. These would be the type to talk shit about "newcomers" to the island and with their social status might be able to galvanize the locals to reject those of us who migrated into the island. 

Third level priority threat would be local intellectuals. Any native Victoria islander who is an intellectual type, would have to be murdered. 

That's probably all that needs to be done to take root on the designated island and insure thrivability. 

The Forum post is edited by UserX Dec 25 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Dec 25 '13
Quote from UserX This is a problem because any group with such a level of social cohesion/coherency would have more power and ability to use force to survive: own rivers, own territory, own prime hunting ground; and they'd have no problem killing the less coherent folks to survive.

This is among the reasons, I'd have my own strong-hold.  I don't need to venture off to attain resources.  If factions try to invade my space, Priority ONE would be to have a defense plan.

It's not as if these people can't scale my fence to gain access to the land and Well.  The urban folk would be fairly easy to fend off, it's the packs you need to deal with.

Guns & Ammo would be among the resources people will fight over.  Eventually, you'll run out of ammo if there isn't a production of supply.   Over time, even the flora & fauna will be depleted if there isn't an organized effort to assure its survival.  Raising crops and animals in a secured spot is easy, it's keeping the wanting away from your stuff.  

The people that aren't willing to kill, will be the first to go.  Those remaining are and so you will have small tribes of hunters and scouts looking for supplies.

It isn't just pure survival either, plenty of rape and pillaging will go on, you can count on that.  If you don't want to end up prey, then you'd better be prepared for a tooth & claw way of life.

The Forum post is edited by SIN_JONES Dec 25 '13
CanisMachina
CanisMachina Dec 25 '13

My approach.

Arm myself and set out to mark off my shopping list. Assuming it was still available (steal of kill for it if necessary) raid any and all establishments (including unguarded and minimally secured private residence) where I might be able to procure the following items;

Food/water/seeds

Crossbow

Any guns/ammo I could find

Tent/camping gear/blankets

Fishing pole/tackle

Rope/tool kit/materials

Flint

Get as far away from urban centers are possible. If fuel is unavailable steal a mountain bike, and head for the forests of the lower Sierra Nevada.

Find a spot next to flowing fresh water, surrounded by natural fortifications and abundant wildlife.

Defend territory with deadly force.

The Forum post is edited by CanisMachina Dec 25 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Dec 27 '13
Quote from UserX Inspired by this, a few ONA associates picked the island of Victoria up in British Columbia Canada as their rendezvous island for the North American associates, should something like this happen. They'd meet up in Victoria, and build a tribal society there, then work to gain control of the island. The island has lots of drinking water, its surrounded by ocean which means plenty of seafood; and has forests which means firewood, building material, and game (animal/food). The rest of Canada would be an ideal place for Americans to migrate to because it's rich water, and there are only 30 million people in Canada. America is too crowded; it will have too many factions warring for power over small territories.

LINKYLOO

AnnaCzereda
AnnaCzereda Dec 27 '13
Quote from SIN_JONES
Quote from UserX Inspired by this, a few ONA associates picked the island of Victoria up in British Columbia Canada as their rendezvous island for the North American associates, should something like this happen. They'd meet up in Victoria, and build a tribal society there, then work to gain control of the island. The island has lots of drinking water, its surrounded by ocean which means plenty of seafood; and has forests which means firewood, building material, and game (animal/food). The rest of Canada would be an ideal place for Americans to migrate to because it's rich water, and there are only 30 million people in Canada. America is too crowded; it will have too many factions warring for power over small territories.

LINKYLOO

At least someone is watching the circus. He even wrote a blog about it. LMAO

Fight the bullshit? Ignore the bullshit? Decisions, decisions...

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.