Identity Politics | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Politics
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 10
We're seeing a growing trend in Identity Politics.  What are your thoughts on it as an effective propaganda model?  Is it working or not?
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 10
Here's an example:  
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 10
CALIFORNICATION is another.
Entropic
Entropic Oct 10
Off the top of my head, I think white identity on the right is a natural reaction to the coalition of minority identities on the left.

If the coalition on the left succeeds in overthrowing the majority, then they will tear themselves apart from infighting. This is because the different factions will each seek to control the coalition at this point.

It's also worth pointing out that the right has more guns, so I'm not sure having a race war is a good idea for the left.  It looks like a lose-lose situation.

So, while I think identity politics can be a powerful tool in propaganda, it can also backfire spectacularly.
The Forum post is edited by Entropic Oct 10
DefaultNamesake
It draws from "nationalism", California especially. South Park called it smugness, and that's fair. "Californication" is "Don't Mess With Texas" in blue.

Currently, the state is undermining the presidential administration. A move like sabre rattling forced transgender acceptance is the State of California's #notourpresident hashtag.

A law of satire and posturing.

And because California is the defacto birthplace of America's alternative lifestyle this comes as no surprise.

Placing identities on pedestal has a track record of success. Gay equality is out of the way (in only a few decades of pride,).  The way it's done is minimization through proliferation of ideal. Identity association is being used to kill the mechanism of identity association at its base. Progressing towards a world where you must wait until they speak before you hate them.... unless you're driving. 
The Forum post is edited by DefaultNamesake Oct 10
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 11

Quote from Entropic
So, while I think identity politics can be a powerful tool in propaganda, it can also backfire spectacularly.
Yeah, like the FBI declaring "Black Extremists" a terrorist group.  Wah...wah
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 11
another thing to consider
Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Oct 11
The way I see it is this. I want to be with my own people. I White, and I prefer to be with White people. I want White kids some day, not half-caste curly haired breeds with some subservient Negress, or Asian bride. Take pride in your race, and contribute to it's survival.

If some homo, or gun totting Spook is allowed to have his or her (or it's) little holiday, I will have a 365 day a year holiday celebrating White culture.

Charles Manson put it best when he suggested that complete control will only happen when everyone is the same as everyone else.

Go live in your melting pot, multi-cultural, vermin infested shit holes.

I'll stay with my White peeps!

The Forum post is edited by Mr_Scare Oct 11
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 12
How does one avoid multi-multiculturalism when all modern societies are multicultural?  What does being 'White' mean today?  Is it like changing the station on the radio when there's a rap song on?
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 12
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41567391

Archaeology discovers all kinds of oddities when people share ideas.

Entropic
Entropic Oct 12

Quote from Mr_Scare Take pride in your race, and contribute to it's survival.

Personally, I just can't get behind the idea of being proud of something I had no hand in.  The fact that there are successful people who share outward traits with me doesn't mean I share in their accomplishments automatically.  That isn't to say I wouldn't ever exploit it, but I think you get my point.

Quote from SIN_JONES How does one avoid multi-multiculturalism when all modern societies are multicultural?  What does being 'White' mean today?  Is it like changing the station on the radio when there's a rap song on?
Japan is pretty xenophobic, so one could just go there :P

As for what it means to be white, it means you are a racist, sexist, homophobe if you don't hate yourself.

Speaking of racism, isn't it weird how the SJWs are trying to change the definition to mean that you must have power to be racist? 

So, does that mean if blacks take over everything that a white person can say nigger without it being racist since they wouldn't have power anymore?
Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Oct 12
I don't understand this "...You can't be proud of something you had no hand in" argument. You do have a hand in it. Being alive and preserving it IS playing a hand in it.

If you mean something like: "I had no part in the French Revolution etc", then yes that would be obvious, but just because I never stormed the beaches of Normandy, it doesn't mean I should sit back and watch White people being driven to exinction.

This recent shift in society, in which White people, especially men can't even rally behind their own President, without being deemed a Nazi, is something that will drive people either one of two ways.

They will bend over in subservience and fear, to poisonous Jewish News TV and get them a fat Black wife from Ethiopia, and pollute the town with 15 baby Niglets with a year.

Or they will wake up and stop being a pussy.

The Forum post is edited by Mr_Scare Oct 12
XiaoGui17
XiaoGui17 Oct 12
Quote from EntropicSo, while I think identity politics can be a powerful tool in propaganda, it can also backfire spectacularly.
Beyond backfire--it's wildfire to start.

There are no decisive winners in the Oppression Olympics. Infighting is rampant like nowhere else. There's the self-flagellation event, where one often demonstrates how very sorry one is for being cisgender/ male/ heterosexual/ white by shitting on others of their type. Then there's the privilege limbo, the pissing contest of making the case for how much it sucks to be you, and how much more it sucks than for anyone else.

Neither of these activities lend themselves to group cohesion, concrete objectives, or productive efforts.

That kind of identity politics is "powerful," all right--like Eris's apple. If you want to sit back with popcorn, toss it. If you were hoping to achieve something, look elsewhere.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 13

Quote from Entropic 

Quote from SIN_JONES How does one avoid multi-multiculturalism when all modern societies are multicultural?  What does being 'White' mean today?  Is it like changing the station on the radio when there's a rap song on?
Japan is pretty xenophobic, so one could just go there :P

As for what it means to be white, it means you are a racist, sexist, homophobe if you don't hate yourself.

Speaking of racism, isn't it weird how the SJWs are trying to change the definition to mean that you must have power to be racist? 

So, does that mean if blacks take over everything that a white person can say nigger without it being racist since they wouldn't have power anymore?
It could be argued that every region has its Xenophobia.  I've been following a youtuber that interviews people in Korea about various subjects.  The millennials there aren't much different than those here in the states.  They have an initial reaction, then justify an all welcoming, all encompassing ideology  that spreads from the West.  Even then, people still buck it.  "GTFO my country!"  And the war with the Middle East rages on for this reason too.  "Fuck you Westerners!"

This culture war has been going on since Jesus lost his sandals.

Racism is prevalent among all nations, of all peoples.  When race is the categorization of address, you can't avoid the so-called negatives.  Check out the comments on my recent videos.  Nearly all call me a Cracker.  So what?  Once they've called me racial slur, does that some how give them power over me?  Nah, I don't get offended by much aside blatant stupidity.  Likewise, if I return the favor in response to chimping out in the comment body do they empower me? 

The Forum post is edited by SIN_JONES Oct 13

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.