Brain Development & Neglect | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Human Behavior
dimitri
dimitri Nov 9
Never said I did not believe in IQ. Only that it is a worthless thing to measure with.
Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Nov 10

Quote from dimitri Never said I did not believe in IQ. Only that it is a worthless thing to measure with.
That seems like a weird thing to say, as it is a standard of measure. How can you believe that a given standard of measure is valid yet useless to measure with?

Let me ask you this; what percentage of MDs, engineers, or physicists would you estimate have an iq of under 100? Why?

The Forum post is edited by Dan_Dread Nov 10
Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 10
A higher IQ to me, shows an ability to problem solve with more ease than somebody with a lower IQ. It doesn't mean the person has an ability to think on a deep level.

Depth is subjective I guess. I have listened to people have in depth conversations on the Kardashians, but I can assume people understand what I am talking about.

This is why a lot of the people with high a IQ, tend to be mathematicians and game show winners.

Neil deGrasse Tyson. The man everyone seems to use as a trump card in this argument. "Neil deGrasse is Black and he is way smarter than your cracker ass!".

And?

Einstein was a Jew. Jews tend to be smart, and there are a lot less Jews in the world than Blacks (No thanks to Hitler). You would think that there would be a few million genius level Spooks walking around. Way more than one, solitary deGrasses Tyson.

So there are a few smart, high IQ Blacks, true. On the whole they dumb. Look at Africa. Take one big look at it. And forget about Blacks educated in predominantly White countries.

Having a high IQ will never be a bad thing, and it will absolutely give you an edge over some drooling normie, who uses google to teach him everything.

However, a question has to be asked. If you sat down with one of them and had a deep and meaningful conversation, would it guarantee that their input into the conversation would be strong?

The Forum post is edited by Mr_Scare Nov 10
Entropic
Entropic Nov 10
The Stanford-Binet test was originally created to figure out who the retarded students were in an education setting, so it is geared towards academic thinking & learning. So, while it is a good gauge in those settings, it doesn't tell you everything. That being said, I can't think of any system, let alone a better one, that does gauge intelligence at every level.

As for genetic variation, some recent studies have shown that genetic variation is greater within groups (European, African, and Asian), than between groups. I think it's somewhere around 90% within a given group and about 10% between them. It's also worth noting that nucleotide differences between humans is between 1 in 1000 while between humans and chimps is more like 1-100.

These studies tend to be cited to show that the idea of race is basically bullshit, but doesn't this just show that small differences can mean big changes?

I think it's worth bringing up that while intelligence definitely has a genetic component, there are environmental factors at play as well. Lack of resources and proper upbringing, as we've discussed already, definitely play a role.

At any rate, what's stopping our African comrades from moving up the ranks? Is it white oppression? Don't they basically have their own continent? Even the poorest places in America have resources that 3rd world countries do not.

Regardless of the proportion of contribution of genetic and environmental variables, I think there's a reason why we haven't discarded the idea of race, like in the Star Trek universe.

I think it's weird that segregation was fought so hard but now they want it again. Black identity and culture distinct from the dominant culture are so important that they get angry if a whitey takes part.  In my opinion, maybe racism towards them would be far more negligible if they just integrated with the ever-so-evil "white man's culture".

I guess people prefer to chimp out.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 10
Wasn't Meq a member of MENSA?  Why should IQ be the standard metric to measure intellect?  

I don't think I've ever taken an IQ test.  Does that make me dumb?

The Forum post is edited by SIN_JONES Nov 10
Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Nov 10
Meq was smart as fuck, he was just emotionally damaged.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 10
In some subjects he studied.  You have to remember, he clung to me like leech for months before I burned his ass off and became one of the 'mean girls'.  He was not so smart in plenty of subjects we conversed about.

In fact, he was pretty dumb; the way his brain tried to make connections, absent of logic.  Many would dismiss that his emotional damage.  I think his way of thinking wasn't critical at all, he just tried to convince others he was capable of it.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 10

Here's one debate over the issue. Does it measure up?

At about the 15:00 minute mark, the environmental factor is examined.

The Forum post is edited by SIN_JONES Nov 10
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 10
It is possible, that it has more to do with location than it does ethnicity.
Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 10
Colder climates, and more varied seasonal changes forced people (who just so happened to be White) to think out of the box. It conditioned them to create things, and adapt their lives around the environment, and use it to their advantage.

Blacks in Africa do the same thing, but the difference is that is much easier to survive there, so they became a lazy race. Arguments about it being dangerous there, thus stopping Blacks from reaching their full potential are welcomed. I would agree that it certainly seems like it is a continent that favours diseases, famine, and dangerous animals.

Well now,  let's throw slavery in there too, and a few more with it.

Aids

Malaria

Cannibalism

Eventually it will come down some kind of oppression, natural or man made...something, ANYTHING  other than the real reason.

And the real reason is that they are of a race, that doesn't require high intellect. All you need in Africa to survive is the ability to run fast, and dig.

You dig?

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 10
That would still be environmental, not racial.  Aside from that, due to technological advancements in both physical and psychological warfare; you can't very well expect a mass exodus from Africa.  Any attempt to do so, is met with ethnic cleansing.

I wouldn't say it's laziness as it is, a result from prior conquests in the region.  Lest we forget, that Africans were traded as work horse slaves and probably do more physical labor daily than most White Europeans.

Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 10
But yet they had a 350'000+ year head start.....
Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Nov 10

Quote from SIN_JONES In some subjects he studied.  You have to remember, he clung to me like leech for months before I burned his ass off and became one of the 'mean girls'.  He was not so smart in plenty of subjects we conversed about.

In fact, he was pretty dumb; the way his brain tried to make connections, absent of logic.  Many would dismiss that his emotional damage.  I think his way of thinking wasn't critical at all, he just tried to convince others he was capable of it.

I would disagree, I found him to be quite lucid.

If he stumbled in conversations with you(which is completely unsurprising) it was probably more an issue with your vagina than his brain; or rather, the reaction of his brain to the vag.

The man obsessed over his own mother's tits. If Freud had been alive to meet him, he would have had a 15 minute orgasm. You could figuratively hear Stephens circuits crackling and smell the burning wires every time he interacted with a female.

Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 10
The fact Meq was even brought into the debate, proves what an effect he had on people. 
Entropic
Entropic Nov 10
The main 3 things I ever talked to the dude about were technology, Epicureanism, and his hang-ups with women. Oh my did he have hang-ups.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 10
I only brought him up as a character that everyone in the discussion is familiar with.  He used a set of studied subjects as a lens for just about everything he discussed. Including his mother's tits and my vagina.

I'm sure there's a body of topics you could link to as an example of what you're referring to Dan?  That was not my experience.

Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Nov 10
IQ isn't a measure of aquired knowledge. Of course he filtered everything though a narrow band, the guy was a sheltered cripple that had no real life experience, but he was still very intelligent.

And uhh, sorry, I guess I left my centralized aquired body of meq topics on my other PC, but I did know the guy for about a decade.

Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 10
Oh didn't you know? If you can't provide a link, your argument becomes void...

...apparently.

dimitri
dimitri Nov 10

Quote from Dan_Dread
That seems like a weird thing to say, as it is a standard of measure. How can you believe that a given standard of measure is valid yet useless to measure with?
Context.
The difference between measuring distance in time or miles.
In day to day life people tend to respond with "a 10 minute drive" instead of "x-mile drive".

IQ nicely measures the capacity to think but fails as a global indicator for intelligence at overall.

The arguments among different ethnicities and races is well-known and contested but generally never disproven. The argument is slightly more subtle as much has to do with environment. General rule of thumb, the less stress the more dumber the animal (and even more prone to "deviant" behaviour such as homosexuality).
Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Nov 10
I do tend to agree the proof is in the pudding, so to speak.

You can look at iq, or culture, or economics, or that these things are probably all interconnected.

But when you look at what people are doing and how they are acting, you are looking at the axiomatic. There are levels to civilization, and as a rule the darker you are, the lower you fall on that scale.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.