Brain Development & Neglect | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Human Behavior
XiaoGui17
XiaoGui17 Nov 10
Quote from Dan_Dread Meq was smart as fuck, he was just emotionally damaged.

Indeed.

His conversations with me were painfully awkward, but he wasn't dumb. Reminds me of a couple of my exes, actually. There were a couple men to whom I was initially attracted because of their ability to hold an intelligent conversation, only to realize over time they operated solely in the realm of theory and were lacking anything remotely approaching functionality. Talking to Meq was basically like my conversations with them.

Stuns me that he's dead.

Quote from Mr_Scare Oh didn't you know? If you can't provide a link, your argument becomes void...

...apparently.

If (1) you're making a cogent argument, (2) based on well-known facts and (3) there's a logical relationship between the two, you've got a triple threat. That steak is juicy and rare, no sauce required.

But if:

(1) You're ranting more than creating a rational case for your position,

(2) The "well-known facts" you cite don't line up with common experience, or

(3) The conclusion you're drawing does not flow from the facts you cite...

(Hint: #3 is the one that trips you up most often.)

...expect someone to point at the overcooked, tough, dry thing you slapped down on the plate and ask you to pass a bottle of A1, por favor.

Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 11
Wow Miss, you really are triggered. Throwing the back-handed, cute slaps in every so often. Must be a lawyer thing. Or it could be that I don't buy into your race mixing virtues, which is the real reason you throw them.

I know your Mexican boyfriend is great and all, and it bothers me not.

What I deal in is real talk, I talk using life experience, and what I have seen with my own eyes. I am very sorry to inform you, that I am not blessed in the writing department. And I wouldn't get into a debate with a lawyer, on what pertains to being evidence....know what I mean?

I make food for a living.

What you ask is: "Find me somebody online that agrees with you, and has proven it scientifically, or you are wrong!"...

Is my word not good enough? What would it take to convince you?

Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 11

If you want a link, here is the chain link fence that stops Mexicans getting into your country. The fact you need to put a border up, speaks volumes. Why are they not allowed in?

They are escaping a country, that has a population exactly like them. It's amazing. Not many people in Scotland running away to England for a better life.

Know what I mean?

The Forum post is edited by Mr_Scare Nov 11
XiaoGui17
XiaoGui17 Nov 11

Quote from Mr_Scare.

What you ask is: "Find me somebody online that agrees with you, and has proven it scientifically, or you are wrong!"...

No, I'm saying, "if you can't support your position, I have no reason to consider it." You may be right, but how would I know? Why should I take you more seriously than anyone else on the internet? 
Quote from Mr_Scare. Throwing the back-handed, cute slaps in every so often. Must be a lawyer thing.... I am very sorry to inform you, that I am not blessed in the writing department. And I wouldn't get into a debate with a lawyer, on what pertains to being evidence....know what I mean?

I make food for a living.

I haven't mentioned our disparity in formal education once, yet you keep bringing it up. Frankly, I think you're projecting your inferiority complex onto me.

Plenty of blue collar (and a certain cerulean collar) have held their own against me just fine. Not a one whined about my highfalutin book learning, and I never held their lack  thereof against them. If I asked them to cite their shit, they did. Sometimes with anecdote, sometimes with deduction, sometimes with links to studies. It depends on the point they were getting at. Heck, some of them even demanded that I back my shit up, and I respected the hell out of that, and did. 

Quote from Mr_Scare

Is my word not good enough?

Your word is only as good as far as you. If you say, "I give you my word I did not take the last beer," I'll accept that. If you say, "I give you my word that I'll pick you up at the airport," I'll accept that. Both of those are within your knowledge and control. 

But if you say, "I give you my word that being gay is the result of bad parenting," I have no reason to think you'd know more about that than anyone else. No, your word is not good enough for that kind of general fact assertion, because you are not infallible or omniscient.

I hold you to no higher of a standard than I do anyone else. This isn't about degrees or professions. It's about knowing your shit. If they can do it, so can you. 

Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 12
Like I said, what would you require to convince you otherwise?

The topic has been derailed at least twice, by bringing up Meq as an example, and another topic about something unrelated. I am wondering if this is deliberate, but either way, Meq and faggotry have no real relevance in this topic, so could we move on?

I have to ask one or two questions myself.

Firstly, would you agree that different races do better in the environment that they indigenous to?

Secondly, do they fair worse in environments that they are not indigenous to?

Depending on what your answer is, is it fair to then assume that the brain would work in the same way, alongside physical traits?

For example, Black people seem to be able to retain water better than Whites. This makes them superior in hot environments, way more than that of a White guy like me would be able to handle. White people get skin cancer way more than Blacks, so that would make me inferior in that regard.

But stick that same Black guy in cold Europe, with a lack of vitamin D from the Sun, he will struggle to get sufficient amounts, and may have to take vitamin supplements.

This is just one of many examples, that are considered acceptable.

So, if these are acceptable, then why is it such a taboo to suggest that Black people for most of their history have relied more on their physical than their mental abilities?

The Forum post is edited by Mr_Scare Nov 12
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 13
I'd be willing to concede that Dan's judgement is legit, however in my personal experience his lens was cracked.  He seemed to spend more time seeking to gossip, start cat fights among women (although he even failed at that) and mostly was seeking validation from smart people.  That he hung on Dan's balls for a decade, isn't exactly a selling point for me.

A measure of intelligence is more than the ability to pass a test with a score. It's being able to understand the world as it is, vs. how one wishes it to be.  That he was a sheltered cripple didn't exactly assist him in that endeavor. I wouldn't even be shocked if he crawled out of some hole to claim he wasn't dead....yet.
XiaoGui17
XiaoGui17 Nov 16

Allow me to introduce what l think constitutes some helpful terminology for this discussion.  (Above.)

Quote from Mr_Scare i

So, if these are acceptable, then why is it such a taboo to suggest that Black people for most of their history have relied more on their physical than their mental abilities?

Before l delve into the rest of your post, three questions: 

(1) Taboo to whom? 

(2) Why ask us?

(3) Rhetorical, or curious? 

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 16
"The topic has been derailed at least twice, by bringing up Meq as an example, and another topic about something unrelated. I am wondering if this is deliberate, but either way, Meq and faggotry have no real relevance in this topic, so could we move on? I have to ask one or two questions myself. Firstly, would you agree that different races do better in the environment that they indigenous to? Secondly, do they fair worse in environments that they are not indigenous to?

Derailed? Hardly, I do believe the sub-topic was how intelligence were to be measured if not by IQ test. "Races" are just groups of people by attribute and cultural content. Ferality would be present regardless if that child was left to the wolves or the kangaroos. Makes no difference. The main argument there is whether the metric should be made by Europeans that insist that all cultures and innovations should be made identically or else that group is deemed a failure. Pay no nevermind to the idea that Europeans have intervened in a number of society's natural equilibrium. A similar argument was made on my FB page about the same subject. Yet, the young lad couldn't seem to wrap his head around the idea of Amazon tribes being discovered as recently as this decade, that haven't built super cities in the jungle.

The Forum post is edited by SIN_JONES Nov 16
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.