Be smart. Comply. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Human Behavior
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 17
When did Satanism become compliance with a social ethic?

When did its methods become intellectual snobbery?

Why should any Satanist seek to behave in compliance with any person's demanded decorum?

To my memory, The 600 Club was created to thumb one's nose at those attitudes found on LttD, the CoS 'mutual admiration club' and elsewhere.

I find that 99% of people online are posing, faking, and have a gross misunderstanding of the subject matter. 

Discuss...

The Forum post is edited by SIN_JONES Nov 17
Mr_Scare
Mr_Scare Nov 17
The way I see things, people are all on their own path. You come across adversity, from all sides, and it challenges your ability to keep yourself afloat in stormy seas. You are going to come across highly intelligent people who are going to kick your ass, and on occasion you may even do a little ass kicking yourself.

In many ways it's what this is all about.

I think people are drawn to this, because it seems like a walk of life that challenges you mentally. Maybe the fakes and snobs are trying to find their place in life. Just by being there, they are inadvertently pushing you forward.

To me it's not about taking a position just for the sake of it, it's about taking as much punches as you can, so that  afterwards you can go over where you went wrong. In order to do that, you need a variety of people with opposing views.

Regardless, it's fun...and you can turn off the computer, break out the guitar and contemplate things, and nothing is going to change other than the possibility you learned something from it all.

*Note added after contemplating further*

I happen to find that Satanists are some of the most intelligent and challenging people. If I really want to test your metal, I go to places like this and have my stuff scrutinised to hell and back. Maybe these folks are doing the same?

The Forum post is edited by Mr_Scare Nov 17
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 17
"Maybe these folks are doing the same?"

Not if they aren't even willing to engage.  This accounts for why you see it said so often "I used to be a Satanist, but I got tired of debating."

Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Nov 17

Quote from SIN_JONES When did Satanism become compliance with a social ethic?

When did its methods become intellectual snobbery?

Why should any Satanist seek to behave in compliance with any person's demanded decorum?

To my memory, The 600 Club was created to thumb one's nose at those attitudes found on LttD, the CoS 'mutual admiration club' and elsewhere.

I find that 99% of people online are posing, faking, and have a gross misunderstanding of the subject matter. 

Discuss...

Same as always. Most of the 'og' 600 club people were half retarded. There really wasn't a good old days, there were just more actives. 
DefaultNamesake
I pick this one:
Quote from SIN_JONES

That's it right there. The bullet point of fucking Satanism IMO... Why the fuck should I have to acknowlege what I don't feel is necessary?  It's what brings out the "Fuck you" in a person. However one chooses to express the "fuck you" is open to any avenue, so long as they don't require external validation (appeal to authority/cry for help).  Such external validatation for cause, belief, or whatever satiates only weakness, and indicates a different type of person entirely. 

* edit - bad wording

The Forum post is edited by DefaultNamesake Nov 17
XiaoGui17
XiaoGui17 Nov 18

Discuss...

What's the difference between "compliance with a social ethic" and being "held to a minimum standard"?

Genuine question, not rhetorical.

For every person who proudly proclaims his Satanism doesn't care about the false magian standard of XYZ, there's a counterpoint about how he just can't hack it and it's all sour grapes.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 19
Check the title of the thread, that leap is misguided.

Say you want to continue posting at 600 but you refuse to comply to the site’s minimum standard of engagement... It’s not very smart to refuse it. Especially if that’s what you want to do, eh?

Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Nov 20

Quote from XiaoGui17

Discuss...

What's the difference between "compliance with a social ethic" and being "held to a minimum standard"?

Genuine question, not rhetorical.

For every person who proudly proclaims his Satanism doesn't care about the false magian standard of XYZ, there's a counterpoint about how he just can't hack it and it's all sour grapes.

Some people simply lack in pride or ability. That's fine up till the point they champion either of these things, at which point it's silly.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 20
Right. Any standard or ethic can be changed.  Case in point, I haven't exactly followed the rules and yet I'm still there.  I haven't been kicked or even received an official warning to cut the shit.  Perhaps I bring something else, aside compliance.

One doesn't need to be 'smart' to enact intelligence on tuition.  

Adding, what is the overall quality rating of the recent content?  It would seem that 'standard' should be challenged.

The Forum post is edited by SIN_JONES Nov 20
fnord
fnord Nov 20
If I may play Devil's advocate - 

All OP questions can be countered with - 'because it benefits me in some way.' 

Captain obvious response, I know. Still, I comply with my company's dress code because it identifies me (to others) as a team player. For that, I get money. The former a Satanist does not make - the latter... 

Personally, I've begun to take a deductive approach in identifying those who I find worth my time. In general, they don't ask for definitions (they know them), they don't endlessly nitpick and they usually have an uncanny ability to see things through an uncommon lens. 

Most people online that I encounter are trolling or are just stupid. 

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 20
Certainly, there are many facets to any given social issue; that's a given.

Including whether or not one benefits from compliance.  You can challenge a dress code and still get paid.  I've never worn a stuffy suit and I've worked in a corporate environment my entire life.  I've had clients say "You have huge holes in your ears!"  Yes, I do.  What's next? Is my shirt too tight, boobs too big, haircut too Hitler-esque?  It doesn't prevent me from flourishing, it's all in how you handle any given situation.

There are perks to being on the team too, even with personal hobbies.  I wouldn't be a worthy facilitator of say, an art class or drum thing at my house if I were such a rebellious cunt all the time. However, there are many instances where you can raise a point of rebellion and still benefit from that (and others do by proxy).  We all have different needs and desires.  When it comes to earning capital, you could easily walk away from a career and make your own job.

Getting back to my point about 600, a newb is ill-equipped; while a seasoned person can handle dissent of your non-compliance.

dimitri
dimitri Nov 23
"Clothes do not make the man".

I have my worn-out metal jacket and special "folklore-gear" from when I still studied in Brussels. In life I dress well due to being established as a professionel. Never felt the urge to challenge dresscodes. My personality and attitude remains a red line throughout life. No need to alter outward appearances to make a statement. I dress for the occasion but retain my personal characteristics.

As for 600C. I find there's less activity and even lesser minds.
Perhaps a game can be played. A little test. A little innocent.
Have someone post a really controversial topic (something really on the other side of the spectrum) and have us join in supporting that statement.

You'd be surprised how many boneheads will jump in and change sides.
I'd even dare our good ol' friend Michael will eventually jump in with some half-assed paragraph in agreement even though his reply began with a deterrent.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Nov 24
I do that as a matter of habit.  It’s interesting to watch Rebellion for its sake alone.

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.