What do you do and why? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Philosophy
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 21 '13
Quote from Ghostly1 The car driving past before the guy in the striped shirt even noticed the bloody car and the man in the mask was a typical NY response to tragedy.

Bystander Syndrome?
Ghostly1
Ghostly1 Oct 21 '13
Perhaps, I can only speak on personal experience.  Most people near me see someone in trouble on the side of the road and they drive right by.  Hear enough stories about deranged hitch hikers, and car trouble robberies to keep good samaritans planted firmly in their seats.  This isn't to say all people do this.  Those who volunteer for the local firehouse or ambulance company will pull over because they all see themselves as heroes.  They are the ones with a FDNY ballcap, or FD jacket on line for coffee.  Its an ego boost to be a first responder.  Even before 9/11 but especially now.  

I would rather be a consequence of someone's actions then the one who has to do the cleanup.

CanisMachina
CanisMachina Oct 26 '13
If I saw this I would let him know that the removal of corn syrup from the exterior of a vehicle is as easy as warm soapy water. However, the cotton jump suit may require a concentrated stain remover. Like a shout stick.
The Forum post is edited by CanisMachina Oct 26 '13
Nith
Nith Oct 26 '13

This reminds me of something that happened a fair while ago. A person I used to work for had a huge wine collection and her disgruntled ex emptied every bottle in the house over the furniture. No one would have had a second look if it was only the white wine but the red does have the look of partially cleaned up blood.

Even when helping clean the place up we make jokes about how many she killed to make this mess. I guess it takes a certain humour to come up with things like this. The choice was made to ditch every material item that it would cost more to clean then replace so that was a huge amount of red stained items being hauled out of the middle class suburbia household.

The major amusing part was even though 50plus people saw what we were doing and the blood jokes were not that subtle, it was over a month before the law turned up to question us in a raid styled visit.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 27 '13
Quote from Nith The major amusing part was even though 50plus people saw what we were doing and the blood jokes were not that subtle, it was over a month before the law turned up to question us in a raid styled visit.

Did it become some urban legend?  
Nith
Nith Oct 27 '13

Well we all had our video interviews and were cleared but it seemed this didn't change the minds of some of the towns people. Even years after that some still talk about that house and those of us they remember.

So if those that discount proof and logic are counted then yes.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 27 '13
Wow, sounds like mediocrity of police work to me.  A month later based on gossip?  What a waste of tax payer money.
Nith
Nith Oct 27 '13

A month is nothing to some. A year after my mother was dead cremated and ashes scattered, I was called in for questioning on if I assisted her death (also based on gossip).

Heliodramus
Heliodramus Oct 27 '13
I would be laughing my ass off ! I hate cops . 
Pages: « 1 2

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.