Profound Quotes | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » Philosophy
Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 14 '13
So I mentioned it to a few of the guys, and most seem to agree. You can look around at these dumbfuck sites and you see bullshit threads like "Song of the day" or "Whats your favorite movie?" and "Is Ozzy too old". Well fuck SIN and Sect, they can talk about MTV if they'd like, but I think we have an intellectual edge that allows us to step up the game a bit.

I'd like to start one of those threads that goes on and on for months or years, but base it entirely on "quotes".

So what do I have in mind? Well for instance, BX has a thing for this cat Sun Tzu. If you never heard of him, read a fucking book. Anyway he's always dropping quotes on people that pack a punch. So basically if you want to drop some knowledge on the threads, or dig in to something someone else dropped, do it here and before long we will have a collection worth reading up on and adding to.

And to the owners, props on the tandem Anton quotes on the front page. I see no reason not to start with those.
Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 14 '13
The blood of the living makes good fertilizer for the seeds of the new. - Anton Long
Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 14 '13
If a guest in you lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy. - Anton LaVey
Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 14 '13

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Denis Diderot

LeDeluge
LeDeluge Oct 14 '13
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." ~ Jack London
The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Oct 14 '13
BeastXeno
BeastXeno Oct 14 '13
"Excellence is a better teacher than mediocrity. The lessons of the ordinary are everywhere. Truly profound and original insights are to be found only in studying the exemplary." - Warren G. Bennis 

FemaleSatan
FemaleSatan Oct 14 '13
Faith: Not wanting to know what is true. Nietzsche
JK
JK Oct 14 '13

Quote from Meq Dionysus: "Man is to me an agreeable, brave and ingenious animal without equal on Earth; he knows how to make his way through every labyrinth. I like him; I often ponder how I might advance him and make him stronger, more evil and more profound..." Nietzsche: "Stronger, more evil and more profound?" Dionysus: "Yes, stronger, more evil and more profound; also more beautiful." #11 · Quote · Flag · Edit · Delete

^
This. All day. More beautiful. Indeed.

JK
Dan_Dread
Dan_Dread Oct 14 '13
"You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice. If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice! You can choose from phantom fears, and kindness that can kill. I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose freewill!"

-Neil Peart (Rush -Freewill)

Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 21 '13

“It is the vision of a Galactic Empire which runs through my political life just as it is the quest to find and understand our human identity, and my own identity, and our relation to Nature, which runs through my personal and spiritual life, giving me the two aims which I consistently pursued since I was about thirteen years of age, regardless of where I was, what I was doing and how I was described by others or even by myself…” 

David Myatt

The Forum post is edited by Interrogist Oct 21 '13
XiaoGui17
XiaoGui17 Oct 22 '13
Quote from Interrogist If a guest in you lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy. - Anton LaVey

If only because this appears on the front page, and someone else pointed it out to me, I must note that it should say "your lair," not "you lair."
Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 22 '13
^^ Indeed Xiao, that should be fixed soon.
FemaleSatan
FemaleSatan Oct 22 '13
"At least I know that I don't know, question is are you bozos smart enough to feel stupid, hope so." -Eminem (from Bezerk)
Incubus_Black
Incubus_Black Oct 24 '13
Quote from FemaleSatan "At least I know that I don't know, question is are you bozos smart enough to feel stupid, hope so." -Eminem (from Bezerk)

Or from Plato- "I am wiser than this man, for neither of us appears to know anything great and good; but he fancies he knows something, although he knows nothing; whereas I, as I do not know anything, so I do not fancy I do. In this trifling particular then, I appear to be wiser than he, because I do not fancy what I do not know."
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 24 '13
Quote from Interrogist So basically if you want to drop some knowledge on the threads, or dig in to something someone else dropped, do it here and before long we will have a collection worth reading up on and adding to.

Level-up Darryl.  Why not quote users here you identify as having profound thinking?  
Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 24 '13

Quote from SIN_JONE

Level-up Darryl.  Why not quote users here you identify as having profound thinking?  
Why not indeed? Great idea.
Interrogist
Interrogist Oct 24 '13
"My philosophical formatting was in tact LONG before I had any ideal that a bunch of people on the internet get all butthurt if you don't believe that they are ninja marathon bodybuilders that come from an ancient family of magic people..."

Darryl Hutchins - N913
The Forum post is edited by Interrogist Oct 24 '13
Ghostly1
Ghostly1 Oct 25 '13
Common sense is not a gift, it is a punishment. Simply because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it. ~unknown
FemaleSatan
FemaleSatan Oct 25 '13
Some people will never be happy – and some people never should be. In fact, some people deserve only terrific wrath. -KHK
LeDeluge
LeDeluge Oct 25 '13
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." ~ Albert Camus

"There are no profundities" ~ Le Deluge

The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Oct 25 '13
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.