Come at me Bro! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Main Forum » The Pit
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 15 '13
So you think I have cancer?  Shitty opinions, the wrong way of looking at things, doing things?  Wish I would just shut-up?

Come at me Bro!

Better bring a whip.  -Thus Spake Zarathustra

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 15 '13
Have we debated?  Perhaps you might point to an example for critique.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 15 '13
Riiight, show me.
FemaleSatan
FemaleSatan Oct 15 '13
Who are the 'other people' you're talking about Meq? 

If it works, it ain't broken. I don't see why someone needs to change their style just because you don't like it. 

LeDeluge
LeDeluge Oct 15 '13
I posted a link to King and her taking about the Zimmerman case. One of the SIN people casted ad hominem aspersions on both of them "Has Cancer" etc. Please no more fucking Zimmerman, however.
The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Oct 15 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Quote from LeDeluge I posted a link to King and her taking about the Zimmerman case. One of the SIN people casted ad hominem aspersions on both of them "Has Cancer" etc. Please no more fucking Zimmerman, however.

Imagine that.  I don't see the problem with Ad Homs really, people will react according to their gut feeling initially, then move on to something deeper from the core.  That's when the veil drops.
LeDeluge
LeDeluge Oct 16 '13
I didn't even comment at the time. I found it a silly missive. That is just my only reference point to someone saying "she has cancer" or some such tripe. At the time, I wanted to hear from King directly. His stance made some sense to me, but I needed to hear it from the horse's mouth. His demeanor indicated that was indeed his stance on the issue. I had to make a legal analysis which indicated a likely acquittal. That was the ultimate disposition.
The Forum post is edited by LeDeluge Oct 16 '13
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Quote from LeDeluge I didn't even comment at the time. I found it a silly missive. That is just my only reference point to someone saying "she has cancer" or some such tripe. At the time, I wanted to hear from King directly. His stance made some sense to me, but I needed to hear it from the horse's mouth. His demeanor indicated that was indeed his stance on the issue. I had to make a legal analysis which indicated a likely acquittal. That was the ultimate disposition.

King can speak for himself, though I'm fairly certain the issue is dead at this point.  Our own individual perspectives come from analysis and life-experience. 

If this is what Meq is referring to, I'm open to critique.  I'm a straight-shooter and usually speak frankly and directly.  It's rarely a concern for me if a person finds themselves offended, I don't get to choose if and when a person becomes offended.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Quote from Meq "If it works, it ain't broken. I don't see why someone needs to change their style just because you don't like it."

It's not so much a question of personal like or dislike of style, or such needing to be changed, so much as a matter of intellectual integrity and intellectual honesty in debate, both of which I value.

I tend not to be impressed by reasoning with clever but fallacious and deceptive arguments, for while such may demonstrate rhetorical skill and may impress many, it leads to obscurantism, and thus I fail to be impressed when such is used on myself or within a peer group I'm involved with.

O_o Yet, you engage in the same faire.  Look Mr. Kettle, if you would simply provide a specific example for analysis rather than blowing smoke out of your ass, I'm all for it.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Sarcasm is an art form.

#youbitemystyleallthetime

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Perhaps your disdain for sarcasm stems from your poor delivery of it yourself.  If you're the only one laughing at your own quips, I think you have your answer (Rhetorical as it may be) about wit.

If I'm understanding you correctly, it's highly intelligent and witty for you to use such language but it's a low-form of wit when others use it?

#tellmeagainaboutyourmother

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
That's a direct quote from a poem I wrote.  I agree, it is a Sin-ism.  Ok?  How does this support your opening argument?
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
See:  Comment regarding Wit.

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Ummm when the baited claims to be throwing bait around, posturing empty arguments and quite frankly doesn't even know what he's arguing...yeah.

lol

I SURRENDER!

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Actually, you made my point when you replied to this thread.  
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
So dip my pigtails in the inkwell already.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Quote from Meq As did you when you replied to mine at PS.

Do you mean the thread you deleted with your account because there was "too much drama"???  Nice try.
SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Self-congratulatory statements, right on cue.

Calling your deflection, my deflection sure rhymes with "Reflections", suffice to say, it's no wonder you have the poem memorized.  Cut yourself?

The rather embarrassing PWNING you received from the members there shall not be forgotten, what has been seen cannot be unseen. Even if you delete it.

#thisbaitwasforyouMequa

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Your point of view in that regard is Solipsistic,  while there may have been a handful of users 'reacting' to your provocation, there were plenty that discussed the ideas outlined in your piece about female promiscuity.  The idea that the majority voice saw through the glaze to the root of your little moral dilemma, is telling of what it reveals about you. 

As for the most intelligent contributor?  There's a clear difference between posturing intellect and having real critical thinking skills.

The entire piece was full of Ad Homs and yet you protest when readers address them?

SIN_JONES
SIN_JONES Oct 16 '13
Only in your own head.  You repeat something enough to yourself, it becomes the lens by which you view the world.

Many were speaking of personal responsibility and yet you dismiss it. 

If you were being intellectually honest with yourself Meq, you'd recognize your projections and blame-shifting as it pelts out of those fingers.

Just because you state that someone is angry, doesn't mean they are.

Your words don't magically transform reality for the rest of us.  Who are you trying to convince?  Me or you?

Pages: 1 2 3 »

Issue Reporting

Report any issues to satanhimself@circleofdescent.com. He may, or may not, get back to you in a timely manner.